At The End of The Driveway – an impressionist style oil painting lesson DVD
IF YOU PREFER THE ONLINE VERSION PLEASE CLICK HERE
In this lesson I will show you how I create an impressionist style painting in oil. This painting is one I did in Plein Air and then recreated in the studio to have ideal lighting/sound quality. If you are looking to see how to paint loose, create rhythm and vibration in your painting and want to get the gist of how to paint en plein air, this lesson is for you.
This lesson is about 1.5 hours long and includes every brush stroke so you will learn everything from start to finish. You can use the same colors as I do, or you can use slightly different palettes if you so choose. This lesson is more about brush strokes and composition, though I wouldn’t want to stray too too far from the palette given, but you always are able to use your artistic license to create your own masterpiece.
There is a reference photo included in this lesson.
The colors I use are:
Prussian Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Raw Umber, Black, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Cobalt Green, Yellow Ochre, Titanium White, Viridian Green
Mediums I use:
Neo Megilp (Gamblin)
Alternative: Liquin Original
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.