Catching Rays of Light – A DVD lesson from the Dramatic Sky Series
This is Lesson 2 of the Dramatic Sky Series. You are ordering the individual lesson from that set. To order the complete set CLICK HERE. You’ll save money and get a bonus lesson you can only get in the set!
The Dramatic Sky Landscape Series
A four lesson acrylic painting lesson set
In this series I will show you how I create my signature dramatic skies. We will cover each painting from start to finish. Not only will I show you how to create dramatic skies in acrylic, with ambient light, light rays shooting through the skies, flickers of light on the horizon, I will show you how to create interesting foregrounds to go with them.
After you’ve completed this series you will have the know-how to complete your own paintings in dramatic fashion. There’s nothing like a powerful sky to set the mood for your paintings. These techniques are easier than you might think too! So even if you are new to painting, don’t feel intimidated by the power you see in the skies :). Once you have the technique down, you’ll think these skies are a piece of cake. Below I will show you the four lessons you will receive in this series.
Lesson 2: Catching Rays of Light
Lesson Length: About two and a half hours
Colors used in Lesson 2 – Ultramarine Blue, Cerulean Blue, Raw Umber, Titanium White, Zinc White, Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red Medium, Burnt Sienna (optional), Naples Yellow (optional)
Canvas size: 24 X 36
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.