Acrylic Sunset – Orange Glow – A DVD painting lesson
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
After my painting lesson Sunset in Oil came out a lot of people were asking me to do one in acrylic. I took your advice and made the lesson Acrylic Sunset – Orange Glow. I even took extra steps to make this one as detailed as possible. I added more technical layering to show how to create more movement and vibrancy in acrylics. This lesson is a great lesson if you want to conquer clouds and brilliant skies.
I’ll take you through each brush stroke in this painting from start to finish. I’ll show you how to set up the painting with a base layer and then take you through layering all the colors correctly to avoid muddy sunset colors. Join me and paint this beautiful sunset in acrylic today!
Lesson length: 2 hours
Canvas size: 10 X 20 (any size canvas will do, long format is preferred)
Colors needed: Cad Red Medium, Cad Yellow Light, Indian Yellow, Zinc White, Titanium White, Raw Umber, alizarin crimson Dioxazine Purple (or you can mix alizarin crimson with Ult Blue), Cobalt Turquoise (or any turquoise color will work, cobalt teal can even be used if you mix a little ult blue with it),
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.